Content Creator (Digital Media Team)
Location: US, flexible (NYC, DC, LA/OC preferred)
Hours: Full-time, Work from Home
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 (depending on experience) & excellent benefits
The Content Creator will drive our audience-first digital strategy to the next level by guiding our storytelling of Palestinian life and culture with an eye on politics and policy impacting Palestinians. The content creator aims to tell the story of Palestinians through TikTok, tweets, and scripts that will be made into videos or graphics. They recognize that our audience is at the center of who we serve. The ideal candidate loves to create content and is a self-starter.
Candidates should be skilled at creating content for Twitter, staying on top of Twitter conversations and should be well versed in all things TikTok, well aware of the trends in the space, and have a natural ability to create engaging content on the platform. You’ll need excellent news judgment, superior writing skills — for stories, headlines, and social — and the ability to cover breaking news. We appreciate a writer with wit and the expertise to research and edit stories with substance.
- Execute the organization’s digital strategy to grow a loyal digital audience for our organization under the direction of the senior digital media manager.
- Work in a collaborative environment to create engaging thumb-stopping content that is both relevant to platform trends and our organization’s values.
- Lead the ideation, development, and execution of TikTok content to help grow awareness and build community. Actively participate in the ideation and planning process of all accounts.
- Craft tweets that are timely, sometimes witty, and always engaging. Create Twitter threads that tell a story and are informative. Plan tweets and Twitter schedule.
- Create ~10 pieces of original content per week. Ensure content is on-brand, on-strategy, and delivered to the team on-time.
- Be an active and engaged member of the digital team
- Think outside of the box and present new ideas.
- Play a role in keeping the projects on track to meet audience growth goals.
- Use analytics to make data-informed decisions that help grow traffic and engagement on Twitter and TikTok.
- Uphold the organization’s editorial standards, voice, and style on all digital platforms.
- Edit content and our digital platform as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in digital journalism, social media engagement, or content production preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong news judgment and interest in content creation.
- Deep knowledge of Palestinian politics, life and culture.
- Passion for social media and TikTok.
- Comfortable with being on camera.
- Proven ability to create engaging short-form content.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, and communicative personality.
- Deep knowledge of the TikTok landscape and trends.
- Outstanding writing skills, particularly for digital platforms (writing samples required).
- Ability to tell stories in different ways on different platforms.
- Broad knowledge of digital storytelling tools and trends.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments.
- Ability to use analytics to drive decision-making.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Basic familiarity with Photoshop or another photo editing software.
- Ability to work with changing deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Content Creator” in the subject line.
Applications missing any of the above will not be considered.
Applications preferred by May 13, but will be considered until this position is filled.
Salary is based on experience. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, a retirement plan, wellness stipend and generous vacation leave.
About Institute for Middle East Understanding
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.