Location: Orange County/Los Angeles area preferred (NYC/DC considered)
Hours: Part-time with the possibility of hiring full-time in December, Work from Home (travel for events may be required)
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis, and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.
About the role
The Part-Time Development & Events Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the IMEU Development Team with the bread and butter of our fundraising approach: fun and successful events*! The Part-Time Development & Events Associate will also work with the Development Team to maintain the database and provide timely reports. The best candidate will be a highly organized, energetic, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver who understands the value of seamless events and passionate fundraising. The Part-Time Development & Events Associate reports to IMEU’s Development Director.
*We host two major events each year – a gala in NYC and San Francisco – as well as small fundraising dinners nationally/internationally.
- Draft and send event invitations/evites, cover notes, and reminders to guest list
- Manage event supplies list and orders
- Reach out to local organizations to encourage advertising in event tribute journal
- Draft introductions and other talking points for event speakers
- Collect photos, videos, articles, and other digital materials for event videos/collateral
- Support development team with tasks needed the day/night-of: organizing supplies, working with volunteers on registration, printing materials
- Support development team with post-event follow-up: tallying total, drafting and sending event follow-up emails, sending surveys, mailing gifts, etc.
- Work with operations manager on flight and hotel reservations as needed
Data & Reporting (Part-Time Development & Events Associate to provide partial support until on full-time)
- Enter all donations and pledges into IMEU donor database
- Process/accept online donations through third parties
- Keep IMEU donor database up to date in line with best methods
- Work with Sr. Development Manager to
- Design and pull periodic reports/analysis
- Segment donors
- Cultivate small and mid-level donors
- Pick up mail and make bank deposits
- Fill out foundation proposal and report forms
- Collect materials needed for reporting (metrics, donor endorsements)
- Assist with foundation research and prospecting
- Send email blasts
- Help to organize fundraising G-Drive folders
- Mail gifts/fundraising incentives
- Research vendors, software, best methods, donor interests/philanthropy as needed
- At least three years experience working in a fundraising, administrative, and/or event planning position
- Excellent organizational, planning, and administrative skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong technical skills including
- Microsoft Office – proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CRM experience – proficiency with a CRM like DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Funraise
- Event ticketing & auction platforms – such as Givergy, Givesmart, Classy
- Adobe – proficiency with Acrobat or other PDF editing software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills, anticipating issues and offering solutions
- A good sense of humor!
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Development & Events Associate” in the subject line.
Applications missing either of the above will not be considered.
Applications preferred by September 5, but will be considered until this position is filled.
Salary is based on experience.
About Institute for Middle East Understanding
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.