Location: Remote (East Coast Preferred)
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis, and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate Video Editor with a strong sense of creating mobile-first video. You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable creating videos quickly and efficiently from start to end – from sourcing content (online or in-house) to putting on the finishing touches with text animations and motion graphics. In addition to traditional software, applicants should also have some knowledge on how to produce videos IN-APP on popular platforms such as TitTok, Youtube, and Instagram and be aware of the look and feel of current video trends. You should be comfortable editing both short and long-form videos, adapting videos to fit the mood of the script.
- Closely monitor breaking news, trends, and stories.
- Regularly and proactively pitch and create video content for social media that inspires engagement.
- Develop exceptional native content for Instagram reels, Tiktok, Facebook, and Youtube.
- Work alongside members of IMEU’s digital team to create videos.
- Offer input in creative meetings and pitch ideas.
- Look at other brands for inspiration (both in editing and motion graphics) to adapt and implement in our work.
- Perform post-production duties in collaboration with videographers to produce the final product.
- Insert closed captioning, graphics, or other on-screen text into a video.
- Add special effects to a video.
- Complete projects within specified time frames.
- Keep files, workflows, and production suites in an organized state that is accessible to other staff.
- Develop knowledge of the newest production techniques and best-in-class social content to deliver optimized footage.
- Maintain consistency with deliverables regardless of project size.
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Effectively prioritizing assignments and communicating progress.
- Actively problem-solving and troubleshoot technical issues that may arise.
- Seamlessly working across varying editorial formats ranging from fast-paced text-on-screen quick. bites to studio-shot explainers and op-eds.
- Critical thinker with a strong sense of human-first, emotive storytelling.
- Great communicator and problem solver.
- Knowledge on Palestine preferred.
- Strong editing skills utilizing After Effects and Premiere in particular (examples required).
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, typography, hierarchy, and composition.)
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to see projects through from inception to production.
- Experience using many footage types including phone footage.
- Experience editing UGC (user-generated content) or testimonial footage.
- Knowledge of motion graphics is a plus.
- Has a point of view on script and edit structure.
- Has a proactive attitude and collaborates well with others across departments.
- Ability to collaborate on executing a vision for each video’s intended purpose.
- Inspirational and visionary with the self-drive to maintain and improve creative standards.
Education and Experience
2+ years experience in video editing.
FIlm degree preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume, cover letter, and video samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Video Editor” in the subject line.
Applications missing any of the above will not be considered.
Applications are preferred by August 29, but will be considered until this position is filled.
Salary is based on experience.
About Institute for Middle East Understanding
The Institute for Middle East Understanding (IMEU) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that educates audiences in the US about Palestine and Palestinians through media. We do this by offering mainstream US media access to facts, analysis and experts in order to help them cover the issue with accuracy and depth, and by creating and disseminating original videos, photo essays, and other content.