The Operations and Digital Marketing Assistant takes care of a variety of administrative tasks to ensure the seamless day-to-day functioning of Lucy’s Love Bus, while amplifying the mission and voice of Lucy’s Love Bus across our digital landscape. This role serves as the main support position for Love Bus staff: collaborating on digital marketing strategies, with a heavy focus on social media; overseeing donation management; and providing general operational support as needed. The position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Duties and responsibilities
Social media & digital marketing management
- Collaborate with Director of Development to generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout) and update website and blog as needed
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
Operational & administrative support
- Support senior staff with research, scheduling meetings, data entry, making copies, printing, collating paperwork, compiling invoices, sending mail
- Manage inventory of merchandise and donated items; maintain presentable office space
Donor & financial management
- Maintain the CRM (Kindful), write thank you cards, contact donors for updated payment information or to answer questions, complete matching donation requests, and provide recurring/monthly donor support
- Run reports from all payment processors, compile invoices, and create check deposit detail reports for bookkeeper monthly
- Monitor registrations, assemble materials needed for events
- Some night and weekend availability (with advanced notice) to assist with tabling at events
- Work one or two days (at least 8 hours) each week in the Amesbury, MA office; option to work remotely rest of the time
- Professional and/or educational experience in marketing, nonprofits, office administration/operations or related field
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with community building and relationship building
- Ability to manage tasks that require attention to detail with accuracy
- Maintains a “can-do” attitude and takes initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to be flexible and deadline oriented
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and creation tools such as HootSuite and Canva
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and Google; primarily Word, Excel, Sheets and Docs
- Confidence with learning new technology (must be “tech savvy”)
- Must successfully pass a background check due to work with minors and confidential health information
- Bachelor’s degree, two years experience, or equivalent in marketing, nonprofit administration or related field
- Experience with CRMs such as Kindful, Salesforce, Bloomerang, Network for Good, DonorPerfect, etc.
- Experience with marketing email platforms such as Emma, MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Ability to communicate sufficiently in Spanish (verbal and written)
Salary & Benefits
Full-time, salaried position at 40 hours per week. Salary range: $46,000 – $50,000.
- Remote work possible three or four days per week, flexible scheduling options
- Health insurance (with organization covering an average 75% cost of premium)
- Culture emphasizing work-life balance and self-care
- 10 vacation days, 6 personal days, and 15 paid Federal holidays
- Annual professional development opportunities
- SIMPLE IRA
- After one year of employment and/or consistent proven job success: Life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, up to 3% match of SIMPLE IRA contribution, unlimited personal days, Flex Fridays
Our office is in a mill building in the vibrant downtown of Amesbury, Massachusetts. This building is fully accessible with two elevators, has ample free parking, and is accessible via public transportation from the Newburyport Commuter Rail Station, with carpooling arrangements possible from the station to the office if needed in the long term.
Please submit a cover letter and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Operations and Digital Marketing Assistant.”
All applicants will be contacted within two weeks of submitting their materials with thanks for applying, and any next steps. This position will remain open and posted until filled.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and families we serve. Lucy’s Love Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
About Lucy's Love Bus
Lucy’s Love Bus is a 501c3 nonprofit organization based in Amesbury, MA. Our mission is to deliver joy, comfort, and quality of life to New England children with cancer and their families through free integrative therapies and holistic support. Lucy’s Love Bus is the only nonprofit in the country that provides free integrative therapies to the entire family of a child with cancer, regardless of the child’s phase of treatment. Integrative therapies such as massage, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, music therapy, and therapeutic horseback riding ease children’s pain and anxiety during and after traditional medical treatments, and provides siblings and caregivers with coping tools. We support over 750 individuals each year through our programs, and with continued growth, we are seeking to add to our powerhouse team!