Associate, Business Partnerships
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director of Business Partnerships – CareerWise Colorado (CWC), the Associate, Business Partnerships primarily supports the BP and Student Recruitment teams with a collaborative approach during recruitment cycles. This role manages the MOU process, maintains data and generates reports in Salesforce, and communicates with our BP’s and CW teams as needed. All staff at CareerWise conduct their work with a mutual awareness and emphasis on DEIB. This role will work to intentionally incorporate the values of CW and the principles of DEIB in every task assigned.
What You’ll Be Doing:
● PROCESS EXPERT | You understand the importance of having a process and you do everything you can to keep things on track and organized. Specifically for this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) process including tracking, editing, maintaining, and pushing MOU’s through for renewal and final approval. This role requires that you navigate Salesforce CRM to track MOU’s at all stages of the business partnership lifecycle. You will also be responsible for updating the BP team on any changes or when implementing best practices.
● BARRIER-BREAKER | You will determine where there are barriers and bottlenecks in the Salesforce funnel and push agreements through to resolution in a timely manner.
● SCHEDULING | You coordinate the logistics and details for upcoming meetings and always stay one step ahead of the BP team. You will also maintain the BP Scorecard to track progress of team goals set by the Director.
● DATA ENTRY and ANALYTICS | By managing the MOU process, you will ensure accuracy of data in Salesforce and you will generate analytics as requested by the BP Team.
● INTERNAL LIAISON | You will be the liaison with the CW Tech Team for the multiple platforms used by the BP Team. You will manage data, reporting, and processes and lead the BP team on implementing more efficient and effective processes in Salesforce.
● And, of course, we’re a supportive team, so you may also perform other duties just as your team may pitch in to help with yours!
Key competencies to be successful in this role:
● Innovative yet procedural in your approach to your work
● Self-motivated to learn and become an expert in BP team processes
● Adaptable and see positivity when approached with challenges
● Possess a heart & head for helping others and you always want to help make things better
● Strategic in your thought processes and prioritization of tasks
● Lives out the CareerWise values and has a demonstrated passion for the CareerWise mission and vision
● Demonstrable commitment to the principles of DEIB and are comfortable being uncomfortable as you know growth happens here
● Collaborates with Director for process changes and provides recommendations on identified opportunities
● Strong data compilation & presentation skills for trend identification
● Project/activity management and coordination experience
● Proficiently uses Business software including: Salesforce, Burning Glass, Geopointe, Hello Sign and others
● Experience using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Proven record of collaborating with others
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job being performed by employees assigned to this classification. The duties listed are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. With the evolution of the organization and this role, the responsibilities of this position may change at any time.
Location: This role is based in Denver, Colorado. CareerWise staff typically work a hybrid work schedule with varying days in the office and other days remote. Remote work is not guaranteed and the schedule must be approved by the supervisor. There may be occasions (possibly 1-3 times per year) for staff to gather together in person. Exceptions will be made for special circumstances.
Compensation: The salary range for this role is: $50,000 – $55,000 annually; this role is not covered by the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the FLSA. CareerWise offers a generous benefits package including group medical, dental, and vision plans, short-term disability, 100% vested 401k Plan with a 3% employer contribution, and Flexible Time Off.
Interested in Applying? We look forward to hearing from you! Please email your resume directly to the contact listed below. If you have a LinkedIn profile, please share it with us as well!
In your email/cover letter, please answer these two questions when you provide your resume:
1: Why are you interested in joining CareerWise?
2: After reading about the key responsibilities and proficiencies listed in this job description, describe what you can bring to this position.
Contact for this role: CJ Renaud, Director, Business Partnerships CWC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CareerWise is a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization that creates life-changing opportunities for the youngest generation of America’s workforce. Using the lens of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB), CareerWise creates opportunities that break down barriers and we build innovative, industry-relevant, student-centered, modern youth apprenticeships. With the help of our business partners, students, school districts, and other local community agencies, we have established flexible, alternative options for young adults to pave their path to finding economic mobility and increasing their future opportunities in high-demand industries. We have hundreds of CareerWise apprentices that are gaining a deep sense of belonging and pride in their personal contributions to their apprenticeships while growing personally, academically, and professionally.