Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and managing a team of recruiters, this individual will serve as the Director of Talent Recruitment. The Director of Talent Recruitment will build on a cohesive and best-of-sector strategy and vision, informed by research, for recruiting teachers, leaders, part-time staff, volunteers, teaching fellows, and the Network Support Team (NEST) staff. This position is responsible for building and maintaining pipelines for talent and creating an exceptional candidate experience. This role will ensure effective systems for investing in and retaining top talent throughout the candidate lifecycle are implemented and monitored, and will partner with various stakeholders across the organization to create new pathways to attract talented and passionate educators.
- Manage the recruitment team to meet DREAM’s growing talent needs;
- Uphold DREAM’s commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace by applying and training on culturally competent, diversity-minded, and unbiased approaches to recruitment practices;
- Design and implement annual outreach and recruitment plans and oversee the rigorous and cultivating recruitment and selection process for all roles;
- Collaborate with other members on the team to develop and drive full cycle recruitment strategy for part-time staff recruitment and a newly founded teaching fellowship that seeks to attract candidates from the communities DREAM serves;
- Direct team on meeting aggressive deadlines for all open positions while ensuring top-of-the-line customer service to all potential employees and internal stakeholders;
- Ensure that recruitment systems and technology are state-of-the-art and constantly improved, including systems for tracking, scheduling, screening, interviewing, monitoring, and cultivating potential applicants to identify the best prospects;
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships internally and externally with partners and individuals with the goal of attracting high-caliber candidates;
- In collaboration with our Communications team, create and lead an omni-channel marketing plan that leverages DREAM’s brand and current talent as well as advertising to attract top talent;
- Manage external recruitment partners, as needed;
- Manage and oversee the successful maintenance of the applicant tracking system and the digital interview platform;
- Evaluate applicant fit for DREAM for a portfolio of roles by screening resumes, conducting phone screens and reference checks, and driving the interview process with selectors;
- Lead senior searches, as necessary;
- Provide support to the Chief Operating Officer with the implementation of crucial organizational processes;
- Take on other responsibilities, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Master’s degree in a related field a plus;
- Management experience preferred;
- Previous recruitment and hiring experience for a school or other education-focused program preferred;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and build strong relationships to enhance work practices and support the achievement of goals;
- High energy individual with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strategic mindset for executing an outreach campaign to prospective hires and prospective partners;
- Superior analytical skills and ability to create and execute systems;
- Ability to lead and take initiative, maintain flexibility, and creatively solve problems;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
- DREAM offers a competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience with the potential for an annual performance-based increase. The incoming salary range for this position is $115,000 to $125,000. New hires are typically brought into the organization at a salary closer to the start of the range depending on qualifications and internal equity. All staff are eligible for annual performance-based increases.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for medical plans and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time and paid holidays, referral bonuses, professional development, an employee assistance program (EAP) and a 403(b) plan with employer matching up to 4%.
DREAM’s VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src=”https://www.click2apply.net/v/DK5YV8fg7Mjw7i2dRh2xZ7″ />