Reports to: Digital Director
Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000
Accountable Tech is looking for a Digital Manager to support our growing online presence. The Digital Manager will work closely with Accountable Tech’s Digital Director and Digital Associate to build out a more robust grassroots email program for our organization and advance our digital presence through creative social media content, strategies, influencers, and partnerships to reach key audiences online. We’re looking for someone who is ready to take on Big Tech monopolies on all fronts—from their very own social media platforms to compelling grassroots emails to eye-catching digital content and websites. Social media companies pose an existential threat to our democracy, and the Digital Manager will be ready to advocate for meaningful long-term structural reforms to our information ecosystem. The ideal candidate won’t be afraid to jump into our fast-moving campaigns and explore new digital trends that push the envelope online to further our organizational messaging and objectives.
As the Digital Manager, you will:
- Work with the rest of the Accountable Tech team and partners to create successful digital campaigns and initiatives that drive forward our organization’s messaging and objectives
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for Accountable Tech that supports both audience growth and campaign goals, while maintaining the flexibility to respond to breaking news
- Manage, execute, and grow Accountable Tech’s grassroots email program to further expand our grassroots mobilization and fundraising efforts
- Support in the management and development of Accountable Tech’s websites, digital properties, and creative content for our various campaigns
- Help develop and manage content for Accountable Tech’s social media handles including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Help explore new digital opportunities, platforms, partnerships, and trends that expand Accountable Tech’s reach beyond Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Recruit innovative vendors, consultants, and partners to collaborate with that bring a diversity of experience and perspective
- Quickly mobilize around rapid response moments with creative strategies and social media content
- Brainstorm innovative and thoughtful approaches to reach different audiences
- Project manage cross-functional teams to support all of the above
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- You’re passionate about how social media companies pose an existential threat to our information ecosystem and democracy and driven to bring about long-term structural reforms
- You’re an excellent writer who loves experimenting with tone, voice, and personality for social media, email, and other digital content
- You’re proficient at writing, segmenting, and sending grassroots emails to large audiences via platforms like EveryAction or Action Network
- You’re experienced with drafting and publishing content for websites through platforms like WordPress or SquareSpace
- You’re comfortable with drafting, organizing, and calendaring social media content with tools like TweetDeck or SproutSocial
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical even in a fast-paced work environment
- You have experience tracking online campaign performance, and enjoy using analytics to understand how to improve content performance over time
- You’re comfortable working on tight deadlines and balancing multiple projects
- You’ve got experience jumping into rapid-response moments
- You’re comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
- In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have at least three years of experience running email, social media, or digital programs
- You have an interest or experience in graphic design or video production
- You have experience in running or managing paid digital campaigns like email acquisition programs
- You have experience working with influencers or on influencer program
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Manager Application” and attach your resume for consideration. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Accountable Tech. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 6% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Accountable Tech is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.