The Director of IT will be responsible for managing one direct report and supporting a global organization with staff and operations in over 10 countries. The Director of IT is responsible for the Management, Administration and Maintenance of Luminate’s IT Operational Systems. This includes decision on which systems are appropriate for Luminate, overall systems availability, data integrity, security and overall functionality.
Additionally, the Director of IT will oversee the implementation of infrastructure, systems, devise roll out plans and execute appropriate and associated training. The Director of IT is accountable for ensuring the creation of appropriate IT Policies and global adherence to them. The Director of IT will take part in the delivery of Help Desk support, Onboarding and Systems training. Luminate uses Apple products.
The Director of IT will support all Luminate entities, working with global Luminate colleagues. The Director of IT will also work with external vendors, identifying the vendor, securing their services, directing their work and managing the vendor relationship. The role is based in Washington, DC.
- Oversee all of the technical operations of the company including management of at least one IT support resource
- Provide direct support to end users both in office and remotely
- Manage and maintain the fleet of Luminate devices
- Responsible for the network and data security for all aspects of Luminate technology including endpoints
- Responsible for systems administration and management of productivity systems, software and hardware
- Responsible for network and system availability (including cloud vendors) and capacity within set budgets
- Continuous improvements in systems, security, performance, availability and customer satisfaction (i.e., web analysis, penetration testing, etc.)
- Manage all cloud based services (i.e., SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SECaaS)
- Manage various Communication Platforms and applications
- Design and implement technology and security training programs for staff
- Report operational performance and plans regularly to senior staff
- Serve as project manager for system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Mentor and lead colleagues and other IT team members
- Identify opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Lead in the development and implementation of all IT policies and procedures
- Serve as the primary site contact for service providers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Luminate is looking for a candidate interested in our area of work, who has experience working in and with global colleagues, is flexible and service oriented. Candidates that demonstrate hands on customer service solutions, willing to support our global team and take a strategic and management approach to the IT function are encouraged to apply. Initially this is a stand-alone role, therefore an element of on-call duty will be required.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate unimpeachable integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and be aligned with Luminate’s values and mission.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an applicable field of study
- Extensive experience in Systems Administration and IT Management or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms; Service and Software (SaaS), Infrastructure and Platform (IaaSPaaS) and Security (SECaaS)
- Familiarity with encryption technologies, especially PGP is a plus
- Proven understanding of directory services including Active and Open Directory
- Proven proficiencies in multiple I.T. Platforms ranging from Desktop to Server (Unix, OSX, Windows, iOS)
- Proven proficiency with Apple products is a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of computing hardware assembly, upgrades and optimization
- Working understanding of networks local and wide area, and hybrid infrastructure
- Proven proficiencies in multiple Software Platforms ranging from Communications to Document Storage to Productivity technologies including but not limited to (Apple, Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Email and Groupware Technology, Audio Visual Technology design and implementation)
- Working Understanding of website technologies, Content Management Systems and site securityhardening
- Establish Redundancy and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Establish and Manage 3rd party Service Providers, Resource Channels and ConsultantsContractors in local and international locations
- Thorough understanding of Security concepts including secure communications, zero knowledge services, OS and hardware hardening techniques
IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
Luminate believes that diversity and inclusion make us more successful in our work, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or national law.
Luminate is a global philanthropic organisation focused on empowering people and institutions to work together to build just and fair societies. We work with our partners to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate in and to shape the issues affecting their societies, and to make those in positions of power more responsive and accountable. Luminate was established in 2018 by Pam and Pierre Omidyar.