The AWS Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) organization is seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Communications Manager to develop and execute internal communications strategies for major organizational initiatives.
As a member of the SSOE Field Communications team, you will work closely with stakeholders across the company to gain alignment and develop a common communication strategy about key business initiatives, AWS services, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes. You will distill vast amounts of information into clear, concise communications that provide the knowledge our sales organization needs to work efficiently and effectively. You will also be expected to contribute to the policies, guidelines, and operations of our communication programs, ensuring we have the right mechanisms in place to scale our communications globally in an efficient and secure manner.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated internal communications professional and a team player with the ability to quickly adapt and deliver quality results in partnership with multiple stakeholders across a complex, matrixed organization. You not only possess exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts, but you also excel at writing for end users and working backwards from the intended audience to produce compelling content.
· Develop and execute global internal communications strategies for major internal change initiatives; propose and implement new approaches to extend messaging reach and optimize impact.
· Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications that resonate with a variety of audiences.
· Drive and develop scalable operational processes to effectively manage the communication lifecycle from intake to delivery.
· Propose and execute new mechanisms for publishing internal communications in a scalable and secure way.
· Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups across the organization.
· Review communications written by other team members and partners and provide feedback.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years’ experience managing employee communications or change management communications for a broad and diverse audience, preferably at a high-growth, technology company.
· Track record of driving cultural change and influencing organizations through communications.
· Experience managing multiple projects, stakeholders, and deadlines simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment.
· Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and write clear, concise communications.
· An exceptional verbal communicator with executive presence.
Preferred Qualifications· Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames.
· Excellent at creating and maintaining working relationships across all levels and disciplines, receptive to feedback and input from others, and quick to apply changes.
· An agile, flexible individual with a “can-do,” problem-solving approach to managing ambiguity.
· A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory and learning new concepts.