The AWS Security team is looking for a technical writer focused on developing high quality, compelling and easy-to-understand content for the Security Blog. Your content will earn customers’ trust because it’s clearly written, purposeful, and about the topics they care about and can take action on. You know what your audience cares about because you do your research, listen to them, and pay attention to the data.
Refined “soft skills” are important in this role because you’ll need to interact with leaders throughout the organization, from technical SMEs to senior leaders.
This role has a broad charter and your responsibilities reflect that. You’ll work on both tactical and strategic levels:
· Build, edit, review and publish blog posts
· Proactively identify and collect content to support high quality blog posts
· Communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
· Work with teams across AWS to prioritize work items
· Report statistics and metrics for the blogs and work with the team to improve them
· Handle simple to complex escalations.
· Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive the necessary changes.
· Research customer needs (through resources such as forums, support contacts, and blogs) and translate them to documentation improvements.
· Communicate customer feedback to product management.
· Analyze data, identify risks, and communicate results to the appropriate stakeholders.
· Ability to apply technical knowledge of Amazon’s business and relevant technologies
Basic Qualifications· Degree in Technical Communications, English, Journalism, Computer Science or another relevant field.
· Experience writing content for blogs or other social media platforms.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Work is consistently of high quality and requires little or no guidance from more senior writers.
· Ability to take ownership for all aspects of the writing and posting process (gather requirements, plan, write, test, edit, deliver, and maintain).
· Ability to adapt quickly to new projects and properly prioritize competing projects.
· Communicate clearly and authoritatively about projects with more senior writers and your leadership.
· Highly effective working relationships with relevant personnel across the organization.
· Contribute to process improvements to enhance customer experiences and raise the quality bar
Preferred Qualifications· Proficient using a content management system and other content creation tools
· Experience working with AWS services
· Strong creative and conceptual thinker
· Experience as a teacher
· Develop a high level of familiarity with complex topics through independent research
· Experience as an editor – we need you to care about the details
· Experience writing or editing for a security software product or organization
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age