The AWS Developer Documentation team is looking for a Senior Programmer Writer, experienced in DevOps and continuous integration and delivery, to join our dynamic team focused on producing high-quality technical documentation for the AWS developer tools services. Our technical publications team plays a vital role in getting customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
As a Senior Programmer Writer in AWS, you’ll work directly with internal software development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. You’ll collaborate with software developers and technical product managers to produce high-quality technical content and examples for developers. You’ll demonstrate excellent communication and relational skills. And you’ll thrive independently with rapidly changing requirements, processes, timelines, and deliverables.
Although this position is primarily focused on CodeBuild and CodeDeploy, you will also have the opportunity to produce technical content that shows how those services interact with other AWS services to tell a coherent DevOps story. Based on your interest, knowledge, and skills, we also provide career growth opportunities through content devlierables for other AWS services. To learn more about our current lineup, see https://aws.amazon.com/products/developer-tools.
The ideal candidate has a technical background that enables effective interaction with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation.
· Create, improve, and test customer-facing technical documentation and examples
· Collaborate with engineering teams to create documentation describing key customer use cases
· Work with technical editors to improve content quality
· Gather, analyze, and respond to customer feedback and data to continuously improve the customer experience
· Provide input to engineering teams on the design of new and improved products and features
· Work with the documentation team to help improve processes, systems, and tools
Basic Qualifications· 3-5 years experience writing technical documentation or writing for a developer audience.
· Experience with one or more continuous integration/continuous delivery tools, such as Jenkins.
· Experience using multiple documentation tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content.
Preferred Qualifications· Degree in computer science, technical writing, English, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
· Experience working with agile project management methodologies is a plus
· Experience using and following a style guide.
· Experience working with GitHub is a plus
· Experience working directly with engineering teams
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· Experience writing API reference documentation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.