The AWS Security team is looking for a Sr. Content Management Specialist to lead the content strategy, editorial roadmap, and content creation of blogs (and other assets) supporting multiple lines of business to deliver clear, relevant and compelling information to our customers around the world. You will guide the development of insightful and compelling content on security “of the cloud” and “in the cloud” that translates into increased customer education and action.
Your strategy will earn customer trust because it connects content experiences with customer obsession and business priorities. You know what your audience cares about because you do your research, listen to them, and pay attention to the data. Your ability to collaborate across teams is highly critical given the degree of interaction required with leaders throughout the organization- from technical subject matter experts to executives. You’ll collaborate with internal business stakeholders (including service teams, engineers, and subject matter experts) to develop scalable materials to increase the breadth of information we share and decrease the time and effort required to publish high quality content.
This role requires a leader who is a strategic partner for internal customers and can deliver meaningful results across the business. With new programs, products, and strategies being developed and launched all the time, the opportunities for imaginative and innovative thinking and disruptive content strategies are endless. It’s still Day 1 and we’re looking for entrepreneurial candidates who are able to work independently and execute with high judgment and quality. Join us today!
· Set the program’s strategic direction to increase customer reach and impact
· Develop effective approaches to prioritize and manage content strategy and an editorial roadmap
· Develop, present and leverage metrics and performance data to influence the direction of content
· Maintain a clear and consistent brand voice and develop fluency in our communication style
· Innovate and drive process improvements to scale messaging needs
· Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts across the company to deliver content assets
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail (manage ambiguity; be prepared to get involved.)
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years’ professional experience in content strategy/marketing and/or digital/high-technology companies/products.
· 7+ years of proven experience leading and executing corporate communications programs
· Prior Project management experience managing budgets, timelines and internal and external resources
· Experience working with industry tools and analytics packages including email, social, web analytics, CRM, business intelligence and marketing automation platforms.
Preferred Qualifications· An online portfolio of work demonstrating website content experience across a range of brands or industries.
· Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or equivalent) preferred
· Experience leading teams in a high-volume program
· Results-oriented professional
· Cloud security/cybersecurity/governance, risk and compliance knowledge
· 7+ years’ experience working with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
· Ability to quickly understand and translate complex, technical concepts into customer-facing messaging understandable to a non-technical audience
· Sophisticated written and oral communication skills
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead a project from idea to success with minimal guidance
· Ability to easily transition from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.