Amazon Web Services (AWS) pioneered cloud computing, and we’re committed to maintaining our position as the premier player in cloud technologies. The AWS Documentation team plays a key role in helping our customers to get started quickly, ensuring that the technical details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
AWS Glue is an ETL service (extract, transform, and load) that discovers your data, transforms it, and makes it available for search and querying. As a fully managed service, AWS Glue is easy to use, while also being able to handle the biggest of big data sets. As a technical writer supporting AWS Glue, you’ll create getting-started guides, in-depth documentation on product features and API reference materials. You’ll also continuously improve existing documentation, based on customer feedback. You’ll work directly with the AWS Glue development team in a cross-functional, distributed environment. This position requires a technical background, allowing you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers and program managers. In addition, you’ll need excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
· Drive documentation planning with engineering teams.
· Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver documentation for AWS products.
· Work as part of a team to produce conceptual, how-to, and API reference documentation for AWS products.
· Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
For more information on AWS, visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Basic Qualifications· A minimum of 5 years as a technical writer in a relevant field
· Experience designing and delivering developer documentation
· A degree in computer science, or a related field highly desirable
· Experience working with a programming language, such as Python, Scala, etc.
· Experience working directly with development teams
· Experience with XML-based publishing systems
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with web services and related technologies
· Experience working with ETL, big data, data science, or analytics products and platforms
· Experience with distributed computing products, such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, HBase, or Hive
· Experience working in an agile programming environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
· A proactive and open-minded attitude toward resolving problems and delivering results