The ADE DeployOps short for Deployment Operations is a group comprised of Engineers and Managers, together they lead the deployment project’s logistics focusing on the managements of external and internal Supply Chain resources related to commodities such as Packaging, Mobility, Pick & Place and Sortation that ADE deploys. DeployOps also works as the liaison between ADE and RME, Ops Eng, PE and ACES teams to ensure the highest efficiency in deployments services. Lastly DeployOps interfaces with AR/AT for the various phases of technologies development and for related training to be used in long term support.
Automation Deployment Engineering is looking for a Deployment Operations Manager to join our technology commissioning team. In this role, you will provide a strong blend of technical and business acumen to drive supply chain improvements as part of our commissioning processes, validation and interim field support of various MHE and robotic systems used in the Amazon Fulfillment Center to supports in North America. You’ll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will work directly with other senior leaders, technical managers and systems engineers to develop the business and functional requirements and lead the commissioning of innovative MHE and robotic work cells.
As a DeployOps Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for internal customers and partners. You will engage vendors, manufacturer and services provides (3P) to improve and document business requirements, drive problems solution and manage implementation programs. You will balance business needs with technical constraints, striving to find the right solution for each customer and vendor while maintaining a strong focus on standards, scalability and supportability. You will recommend alternative technical approaches, and direct cross-functional efforts to meet aggressive timelines. You will also strategically drive continuous improvement, develop program documentation and influence the technical roadmaps. The ability to build productive relationships with vendors, colleagues and customers at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role, as will patience and a sense of humor. You will periodically travel to various vendor locations in North America. This role requires travel up to 65%.
The successful candidate must be able to:
· Be a significant and impactful member of a team of Project and Program Managers
· Effectively interact and collaborate with Vendors, Machine Manufacturer and other 3P companies. Also interact and support; Program and Project manager, Projects Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple internal and external teams to define and deliver complex solutions to Supply Chain management
· Proactively recognize and drive opportunities to simplify processes
· Contribute to and influence technical designs with Vendors and internal partners
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
· Develop complex visual management tools to ensure timely delivery of all materials, assets, and action items
· Participate to an effective and efficient delivery of large, complex technical projects and programs
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs with technical constraints
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
· Create, maintain and disseminate program information to stakeholders
· Self-management of time and deliverables is mandatory
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in either Supply Chain or Engineering focus or 5+ years in a Supply Chain Management role in large manufacturing/robotics industry
· 10+ years industry experience in project/program management and has lead several projects
· Background in Robotics and Automation
· Proven ability to develop and execute a process by which to identify min/max and critical spares with a focus on the support of the RME PM/CM Strategies through CMMS
Preferred Qualifications· Previous experience managing systems in an industrial environment
· Previous experience managing Supply Chain processes in an industrial environment
· Experience with global programs including team members or stakeholders from different cultures, languages, and time zones
· Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
· Understand and critically evaluate systems end-to-end for strengths, weaknesses, impacts and improvements
· Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
· Experience with developing and executing a Supplier Scorecard process
· Experience driving technical discussions and decisions while balancing technical requirements with business requirements
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.