The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security Team is rapidly expanding to support the exponential growth of our data facilities and related security functions associated with this growth. AWS is looking for an independent, passionate, highly talented, and motivated technical industry specialist to join us. The successful candidate is one who loves working directly with network and security teams to understand their systems. You are passionate about the security of the AWS cloud and you want to solve real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and empowerment and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have the opportunity to engage with systems that are at the cutting edge of technology. You will work directly with AWS service teams, infrastructure and administrative teams to identify opportunities to improve AWS’ security posture. You will design and build tooling and work with service owners and cutting edge technology to develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges. You can prioritize well and have a consistent track record of delivery. You can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Defines methodology and scope for wireless security evaluations and security controls to mitigate risks associated with wireless technologies deployed at AWS
· Perform global wireless security evaluations at AWS data centers, sometimes on short notice.
· Assist other security teams with development of security runbooks and operational procedures associated with responding to wireless security incidents
· Working across teams at AWS to refine your plans and obtain by-in from stakeholders
· Produce high-quality findings with actionable and definable mitigations
· Driving root cause analysis of findings
· Interact with internal and external stakeholders to determine performance of key initiatives
· Own and execute ad-hoc project work supporting key initiatives related to the re-invention of how we manage our business
· Identify and drive process and security improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams
· Liaise with network and security teams to create and execute security enhancement projects based on actionable metrics
· Has Deep Knowledge of wireless security and wireless networking
· Leads strategic wireless security initiatives and programs
Basic Qualifications· BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 10+ years of equivalent experience
· 10+ years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
· 5+ years of experience in two or more of the following areas: threat modelling, pen tests, vulnerability assessments, authentication and security protocols, application security, or security engineering
· 5+ years of experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking in a large enterprise environment.
· 5+ years of experience with TCP/IP stack and its internals as well as related troubleshooting tools (connectivity verification, packet capture etc.)
· 5+ years of experience with networking hardware platforms such as routers, switches and firewalls in a large enterprise environment.
· 5+ years of experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
· 5+ years of experience working in a fast paced environment with competing objectives
· 5+ years of experience with Wireless security evaluation tools/programs (WiFi Pineapple, Aircrack, etc)
· 5+ years of experience with Wireless Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (WIDs/WIPs)
· Travel up to 50% of the time, mostly within the United States
· Able to lift 20 pounds
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, C#), especially scripting languages (such as, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.) Proven problem solving skills, project management, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
· Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience with AWS Cloud Architecture (i.e. S3, EC2, etc)
· C|EH, CCNA,CISSP,CISM, SANS/GIAC certifications
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Understanding of mobile device security
· Former or Current TSCM/TEMPEST experience
· Strong understanding of RF propagation and RF theory
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please reach out to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (@schummc) for more information.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age