Amazon is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Business Analyst to focus on improving the Amazon customer experience, from the unique advantage within Customer Service. You will analyze multiple types of data to discover and solve real world problems. We do this every day with ingenuity and simplicity, leveraging impactful data and analytics to amplify the opportunities on behalf of the Amazon customer. This position requires high judgment, focus on speed and accuracy, and an ability to balance the Customer and the Customer Service associate experience with financial impact; it also offers broad exposure to various business and technical teams within Amazon.
The ideal candidate has an accomplished professional background, demonstrated proficiency in advanced mathematics and/or statistics, and experience as an analyst in a business environment. They are comfortable analyzing data from multiple sources to create strategic recommendations in a thoughtful, concise manner and obtaining organizational buy-in at senior levels. They are well-organized, can manage multiple analyses/projects simultaneously, and is intellectually curious. A strong business analytics candidate should have solid skills in SQL coding and report building in Tableau or advanced Excel.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics
· 4+ years of experience in analytics or operations
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
· Advanced SQL writing and experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, VBA, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Experience with data visualization software, preferably Tableau
· Strong verbal and written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience managing multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications· 5+ years of professional experience in business intelligence or data analysis
· Strong knowledge of advanced statistics
· Creative in finding new solutions, designing innovative methods, systems and processes
· Extensive experience working on complex, cross-functional initiatives in a dynamic environment
· Excellent organization skills to work across functions and upwards
· Ability to use data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analysis
· Ability to take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.