The Tech Deploy/Strategic Sourcing (TD&SS) Business Analytics and Decision Support (BADS) team is seeking a seasoned analyst who has demonstrated ability to utilize metrics, statistical analysis and visualization tools to dive deep into complex issues while deriving actionable results from operational and enterprise data. A successful candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, and are passionate about using data to drive decision making.
In this role, our Business Intelligence Analyst will work with cross functional partners to determine business requirements, establish priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and further enhance our analytics strategy. This includes working with business operations, technology support, automation deployment and software development teams to design and document business processes, dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual will provide critical insight and deep dive analytics into areas such as operational process improvement, supply chain logistics, resource optimization, and capacity planning to deliver on strategic business requirements.
They will be accountable for leading independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, developing structured documentation and presenting their findings to multiple levels of management. They will conduct analyses of existing business processes and participate in the development and support of process changes for complex technology automation projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to support problem statements and current state measurement. Design new metrics and enhance existing metrics to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability.
· Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
· Lead deep dive discussions into operational analysis and gap reporting to identify defects, opportunities, and efficiencies across global teams. Identify, develop and execute data analyses to monitor operational performance and customer trends to uncover areas of opportunity.
· Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
· Maintain data integrity, perform QA Audits and diligently troubleshoot issues.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, while automating or simplifying self-service support and access to authoritative data sets.
· Own and perform individual deep dive analyses, including communicating results and implications to business leaders.
· Generate daily, weekly, and monthly data reports for both internal and external business reviews.
· Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
· 3+ years proven experience as a Data Analyst or Business Analyst.
· 3+ years of professional experience in a business analytics/intelligence role utilizing enterprise databases with large-scale, complex data sets performing data mining and deep dive analysis.
· Strong statistics and analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or MS Excel.
· Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and structures – ability to understand and handle data quality issues and respond to detailed queries.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teams.
· Self-motivated and able to own workload to deliver results on self-driven deadlines.
· Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads/projects in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications· Proficiency in statistical analytics tools: R, Minitab, or similar.
· Understanding of Amazon data structures and architecture.
· Amazon operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders.
· Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
· Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time.
· Experience in developing with Tableau or similar data visualization platform.
· MS/MBA a plus.