Amazon’s Customer Service team is looking for an exceptional analyst who can diagnose and solve complex business problems by analyzing data and providing recommendations, who can work closely with multiple stakeholders in different geographies, and who has the ability to drive new innovations in the customer service industry to join us as Workflow Manager, North American Capacity Planning team. The ideal candidate will possess both an analytic and optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams, CS Operations, Global Outsourcing, Program Management and Planning Leadership. He/she will:
· Develop and improve multiple forecasting models using data analysis and statistical tools
· Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track exceptions
· Participate in wider customer service projects and initiatives. He/she will own providing optimal CS solutions for upcoming initiatives.
· Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning and Finance teams to analyze historical data and forecast demand. Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of contact center performance via Key Performance Indicators
· Support local site management to optimize staffing requirements
· Manage SLA through Phone/Email routing and monitoring systems and provide recommended workflow options and directives to maintain acceptable SLA
· Fully leverage existing technology, including global standardization of reporting
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, statistics)
· Experience building and analyzing models using various statistical tools for forecasting and optimization
· 2+ years experience in analysis required
· Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience, enthusiasm to drive positive change and persuasive ability
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (ability to present detailed analysis, assumptions, and recommendations succinctly
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and comfortable in dealing with large amounts of data
· Experience with SQL
· Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
· Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
Preferred Qualifications· MBA preferred
· Analysis experience in Customer Service or Operations preferred
· Operations Research or Capacity Planning experience strongly preferred.
· Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
· A Basic knowledge of statistical programming languages (i.e. R/Python/ Matlab)
· Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred
· Experience in operations management role will be an added advantage
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority /
Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age