The Customer Service Operations Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality and productivity of contact center operations. This position requires a candidate who has the ability to drive process improvements, and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment.
People Management Responsibilities:
* Lead and manage teams of 4-6 Customer Service (CS) Managers (Supervisors) and 280-500 Customer Service Associates; responsible for the overall direction and performance of the teams.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
* Effectively partner and build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments.
* Manage the career growth and development of the CS Manager team by driving focus on Amazon’s Core Values. Play a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as a role model.
Project Management Responsibilities:
* Solving complex customer service issues and proactively preventing negative service trends.
* Identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
* Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
* Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations.
* Managing workflow, escalations and effectively delegating workload across the leadership team.
* Participating in business leadership meetings; developing and driving strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.
* Driving creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, Lean/Kaizen activities, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree OR 2 years of Amazon expereince
· 5+ years experience in Operations with progressively increasing responsibility
· Advanced knowledge of Excel
· Project Management experience
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree or MBA
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
· Direct experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service, Sales, or Collections)
· Excellent knowledge of statistical concepts and their application to operations along with expertise in the use of technical/statistical tools to drive quality and process improvement
· Ability and desire to relocate to take advantage of future growth opportunities
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Leadership experience