External job description
At Amazon we’re working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth and we are constantly improving how we fulfil and deliver customer orders. Our goal is to exceed expectations by continually striving to innovate and provide best in class customer support as we expand our logistics products and services. To improve the customer experience we are establishing a group of delivery station based customer service associates that enables real-time, hands-on investigation of where a package is and how Amazon can get it to a customer as quickly as possible. Additionally, it provides customer access to local experts who can provide them the most accurate and up-to-date information about their packages and how Amazon is resolving potential delivery issues affecting them.
Shipping & Delivery Support (SDS) is looking for an Delivery Station Customer Support Team Manager to help pioneer this new method of customer service across the US. In this role, you will be managing a team of (10-15) In-Station Customer Support Associate who provide local customer service for Amazon Customers serviced by Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations. Your team of associates will be based across multiple locations in your region. In the role you will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your team of associates at each location, this will require you to work with key support functions such as Delivery Station Operations, Program Managers, Recruiting, and Human Resources to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. Experience with operational management and process improvement is an asset and you should be comfortable with making decisions in the midst of ambiguity. Developing positive working relationships with your team and collaborating across multiple teams will be important for success in this role.
This individual must be able to commute to and work from one of Amazon’s existing US delivery stations and be willing to travel regionally as needed.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Basic QualificationsBasic qualifications
· Previous experience managing individual contributors in a customer service environment, experience within a contact center preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
· Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Previous experience implementing change management successfully transitioning programs into large scale operations.
· Proven ability to make and implement decisions
· Proven ability to build relationships quickly
· Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, probe/consider all of the facts, considers other perspectives; conduct root cause analysis; refer to long term plans and goals; prioritize key factors; act decisively, promptly and confidently
· Fosters a positive team environment and collaboration within the site.
· Easily approachable, cooperative, and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of associates, supervisors and peers.
-Must be located in the MA.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred qualifications
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
· 2-3 years of leadership and people management experience.
· Strong, self-driven leader with demonstrated ability to proactively drive, manage and grow an operations team.
· Project management and people management skills.
· Business sense and ability to create, communicate and achieve a vision.