Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery, Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is searching for an innovative and solutions-oriented Industrial Engineer to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering the next generation of world-class fulfillment systems. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who may have prior engineering or internship experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including development, design, implementation, process improvement, or relevant project management experience. To meet timelines and minimize disruption to support teams, you manage the overall schedule, proactively mitigate risks, and keep the scope of engineering deliverables under control.
We provide professional growth, opportunities to solve for complex Material Handling Equipment, and opportunities to build your skills working with various teams and stakeholders. Our Industrial Engineers must be comfortable interfacing with and driving various functional teams and all stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Open minds, customer focus, innovation, advanced technologies, team comradery, drive, and occasional senses of humor enable our Industrial Engineering team to deliver the most advanced fulfillment solutions in the world.
You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects industrial engineers to take a high-level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history!
· Design, build, improve, and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the large-scale supply chain network.
· Manage, design, and implement small to medium scope integrated automation projects with system elements such as high speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells.
· Manage on-site vendors through their assignments and escalate issues through vendors and Amazon Managers. Evaluate issues and propose actionable resolutions to design problems.
· Identify and communicate needs for design improvements.
· Monitor and enforce project schedules and quality with vendors or subcontractors.
· Guide and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Direct system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses, and reporting results.
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
· Thoroughly document/investigate FC change requests and provide recommendations.
· Participate in process improvement initiatives in alignment with operations teams.
· Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing, and storage.
· Collaborate and partner with engineering design teams to identify improved design criteria and implementation standards.
· Develop cross-functional knowledge of Start-Up team systems, processes, procedures and tools.
· Travel up to 80% throughout North America, which can vary up to three weeks consecutive travel including weekends.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related STEM field.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project, and Outlook.
· Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field.
· Operations Management/Distribution Center experience.
· Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
· Up to 2 years’ experience with direct management or responsibility for material handling, automation, or technical projects.
· Proven technical leadership for industrial engineering projects or programs.
· Demonstrated design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.