Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for a Program Manager, Equipment Spares!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Amazon is seeking a disruptive and groundbreaking thinker to provide strategic and tactical leadership over a team of central personnel in support of our field based RME teams, store and FC operations team, EHS and Food Safety partners. The goal of the Amazon RME organization is to deliver zero equipment downtime to our Operations Partners. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the area of Equipment Stores and Spare Parts that are kept on hand.
The RME Equipment Spares Program Manager will seek feedback from users to develop a roadmap for the standardization of spare parts best practices, the expansion of the warranty return process, and the development of a remanufacturing program as well as to deploy these practices across the sphere of Amazon Operations in North America. This Program Manager role will provide strategic leadership support to multiple Amazon business units including CF, AMZL, ATS, and GSF. Furthermore, this role will build processes, structure, metrics/KPI’s, and SLA’s to deliver efficiencies, cost savings, and operations excellence in order to drive the business forward.
· Develop tools and business practices to standardize spare parts management
· Create metrics that will be used to drive operational excellence
· Own the expansion of the Warranty Returns and remanufacturing programs
· Ability to Travel up to 30%
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of experience with the management of procurement systems, the establishment of supplier managed inventory programs, or the negotiation of contracts with vendors
· 2+ years of experience in project management experience including planning work, managing details, coordinating and keeping multiple tasks/projects on track and delivering reliable results
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development, etc.
· 5+ years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of Reliability and Maintenance Engineering or Procurement
· Unix, SQL, and Database Administration Skills
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities
· Excellent communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer, tool development, and scope development
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· A strong focus on internal customers’ needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis on demonstrating return on investment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age