Seasonal Work From Home Customer Service Associate – United States
For us to take your application into consideration you must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
**You may not reside in a ZIP code that is 50 miles or less from one of our physical Customer Service Sites**What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this goal, Amazon Customer Service is seeking candidates who exemplify Customer Obsession and enjoy problem solving on behalf of others. Our Amazon Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles) are not just words on a screen – they are a driving force in the decisions we make every day. As an Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) it is a critical part of our mission to listen to the customer’s needs, deliver timely results, accurate information, personalized resolutions, and maintain our professional environment of supporting all Amazon customers.
What Does Amazon Need from Me?
- Help a variety of Amazon customers and drivers by phone, e-mail and chat
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively
- Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger or chat tools
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring)
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions
- Provide a work area free of distractions
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed
- This position is 40 hours per week, additional hours, up to 60 hours per week, if there’s a customer need.
- Commitment to work when our customers need us the most. Shifts can vary to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights, including one or both weekend days. Being available to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected. Please watch our Schedule Flexibility Expectations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcmGIdxIP0&feature=youtu.be) video for more information.
- Commitment to change your schedule frequently, with a two-week advance notice.
- You must have an internet connection with a minimum of 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/Fios providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
- Cannot use a wireless connection. Your device must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
- Agree to Amazon’s Work from Home Agreement. Please watch our Work from Home Agreement (https://youtu.be/yxrpb9pKHls) video for more information.
- Amazon provides paid mandatory training and resources for new associates. Please watch our New Hire Training (https://youtu.be/63NrmxUEHKg) video for more information.
- Associates are measured on several areas including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
- Learn a variety of skills within the Customer Service organization to support the customer and move to the area of business that needs you the most.
- Candidates who will be flexible in their work schedule based on customer need. Flexibility is expected and required of all associates.
- Your mailing address must be current (apartment, suite, etc.) P.O. Boxes are not supported; A physical address is required for you to receive your equipment.
When Should I Apply?Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next member of our team? Learn more about the requirements below and apply today! The sooner you apply, the earlier your application can be reviewed and considered.
- Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 per hour
- No Commute – work remotely
- Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
- High School or equivalent diploma
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, let us know by contacting us through our Contact Us (http://www.amazondelivers.jobs/contactus) web page.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous call center experience
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.