Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery, Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is now searching for an innovative and solutions-oriented Sr. Industrial Engineer to be a part of our global initiative of developing and delivering the next generation of world-class fulfillment systems. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior engineering experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, including development, design, implementation, enhancement, and support.
As a Sr. Industrial Engineer for Amazon Fulfillment, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design, development, and delivery of physical distribution systems around the globe. You will lead initiatives and complex cross-functional projects or programs that focus on the building of new, the alteration of existing, and the closing of end-of-life material handling and technology systems. As a working leader, you are able to take the lead on the implementation and delivery of large system designs and advanced technology in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. You integrate systems for safety, security, stability, and efficiency. You participate in the full system development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and solution quality needs.
You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers to take a high-level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Come help us make history!
· Lead and manage the lifecycle of complex cross-functional projects with considerable impact. Projects may span organizations or geographies in support of a business objective.
· Define projects (scope, delivery, budget), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements to metrics, and influence resource allocation.
· Define systems in your project space, their limitations, performance factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind design intent and decisions.
· Responsible to deep dive technical solutions that encompass advanced technology applications, conveyor hardware selection, material handling integration, and vendor commissioning content and expectations.
· Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
· Lead and actively participate in design reviews and communicate future impacts of proposed solutions on an individual system or its components, on the overall systems architecture, and on facility processes.
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
· Build strong working relationships with Fulfillment Center/Sort Center leadership and their operations teams across multiple sites as well as their Launch, Facilities, Finance, Safety, Process Engineers, and other business stakeholders.
· Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within a geographic node.
· Develop cross-functional knowledge of Operations and Engineering team systems, processes, procedures, and tools.
· Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high-quality, cost-effective solutions in very short periods of time.
· Travel up to 80% throughout North America, which can vary up to three weeks consecutive travel including weekends.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other STEM field; or 2+ year’s relevant Amazon experience.
· 7+ years’ experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation.
· 3+ years’ experience directly managing and responsible for large material handling or automation projects.
· Design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook.
· Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related STEM field.
· Operations Management/Distribution Center experience.
· Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
· Direct management or responsibility for material handling, automation, or technical projects.
· Proven technical leadership for industrial engineering projects or programs.
· Demonstrated design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
· Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects or programs
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age