At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” If you’re excited about creating new products to revolutionize the call center industry, focused on a rapidly growing, work-from-home, segment of Customer Service, then Amazon may be the place for you.
The Virtual Customer Service (VCS) Strategy Team is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Product Manager to work across Product, Operations, World Wide Capacity Planning (WWCP), Finance, HR, Business Intelligence resources, and other Amazon teams to adapt and enhance CS scheduling products. In this role, you will forge strong partnerships with new and established technical teams to drive scheduling solutions for a geographically unconstrained virtual workforce that provide maximum flexibility while still meeting business needs. You will be required to influence and advocate for VCS specific features across multiple products at various points in the product lifecycle. You also will also serve as a liaison between global operations teams and the WWCP technical team.
A successful candidate is well known for their ability to influence without authority, has a track record of successfully driving teams to deliver valuable contributions on a global scale, is data-driven, has a strong eye for opportunities and has experience managing complex business and technical challenges. You are customer obsessed and not afraid to get your hands dirty navigating requirements from different business teams. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and with each other. You are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate to improve. You understand and account for the implications of your work to frontline operations.
This position can be in Seattle or virtual in locations with an established VCS presence. Schedule flexibility will be required to meet virtually with global stakeholders, and to have daily overlap with team leadership based in Seattle, WA.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science or equivalent industry experience.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management and project management.
· Experience managing a major feature, product, or suite of products.
· Experience owning a product or major feature launch.
· Experience managing a roadmap and success metrics for a product or major feature.
· Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
· Excellent ability to deep-dive data, generate insights, identify business opportunities, and execute them.
· Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and processes.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
· Proven track record of learning by quick experimentation (and sometimes failure), and then scaling.
· Proven track record of strong delivery of results by working both independently and collaboratively with global teams as appropriate.
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field.
· Experience with the development of employee facing applications.
· Experience with the development of scheduling products.
· Experience with gig-economy or flexible labor.
· Experience building notification products or systems.
· Experience with call center operations or capacity planning.
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail.
· Agile/scrum certification.