Our tier 3 support group is looking for a Sr. Wireless Network Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join our growing team that is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most rapidly growing 802.11 networks in the world.
This position will support technology standards and policies for our global wireless infrastructure. You will work closely with client engineering to develop and test new solutions while supporting our complex ecosystems of robotics, mobile devices, end user equipment and workstations. This position has a high level of interaction with our infrastructure vendors for customizing hardware and software to Amazon’s needs. This position works with our WLAN survey teams, FC infrastructure operations team, software teams and automation teams.
Our OpsTech tier 3 support team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both day-to-day and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon’s fulfillment networks for years to come.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Listening to other teams’ problems and finding technological solutions utilizing wireless technologies.
• Automating infrastructure deployments and maintenance.
• Working on complex problems that require a deep understanding of 802.11 protocols.
• Modeling new infrastructure designs, evaluating new technologies and testing alpha/beta grade hardware and software in a lab environment.
• Writing scripts to resolve support issues, automate infrastructure deployment and collect metrics.
• Network performance analysis of mobile applications.
• Working with the engineering teams to define infrastructure requirements for software and hardware deployed in Fulfillment Centers.
• Be an expert trusted advisor for software teams, infrastructure teams and external vendors.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
· 10+ years experience designing and supporting mission critical wireless infrastructure
· 3+ years of experience with LAN/WAN technologies, MPLS, IPsec, VPN, BGP and OSPF
· 3+ years Linux experience
· 7+ years of experience with TCP/IP internals and the ability to analyze packet captures
Preferred Qualifications· Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or computer science
· Expert level experience with Linux systems engineering
· Active and passive RFID experience
· In-depth knowledge of various vendors roaming algorithms
· Expert knowledge of Cisco unified infrastructure in large scale global deployments
· In-depth knowledge of 802.11n, 802.11a
· Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills
· Experience in automating network administration using Python, Perl, or other high-level scripting language
· Basic knowledge of AutoCad, Airmagnet or other site survey software
· Ability to work autonomously, set standards and work directly with software teams
· In-depth knowledge of 802.1x, RADIUS, EAP-TLS
· CCIE Wireless (Written + Lab)
· Experience operating high-density AP and client deployments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation