Application Lead. Amazon Web Services. PHP. SQL. Architecture. Test-driven development. 100% Remote. Ideally 5 years of experience. Show us your code 🙂
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed, unit tested, implemented and documented solutions that include not only the code to support business functionality, but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate should possess technical skills and experience with Amazon Web Services. The preferred candidate also should have knowledge and experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery systems.
- Hands-on application lead with responsibility for development and technical architecture
- Follow AWS best practices for software architecture, development, and delivery
- Design, test, document, build and support scalable, efficient, reusable, reliable, and maintainable PHP code
- Identify bottlenecks and technical debt; devise solutions to solve these problems
- Ensure application scalability, security, and performance
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda); possess an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices (including security and scalability)
- Strong background in web technologies, including a solid understanding of web application architectures, algorithms, data structures, how distributed systems fail, and software engineering principles
- Experience and appreciation for automated testing and CI
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles; experience with Git/Bitbucket
- Experience with MySQL relational databases
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a full-stack developer
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS core services
- Self-starter, highly motivated and works with little or no supervision
We are a private equity-backed (Osceola Capital) platform company in the digital media space.
We own and operate a portfolio of high quality, high consumer intent insurance/financial services websites (CarInsuranceComparison.com, AutoInsurance.org, many others). We are a Christian company with a strong commitment to our employees, communities, and those around us.
We are growing fast in the insurance space under our 360 Quote brand.
- Contract to Full Time
- Competitive salary, benefits available after initial contract period
- Must be eligible to work in the US