IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team, with people who love movies & TV. As a software development engineer at IMDb, you will have the opportunity to use Amazon technologies from all over the company to build amazing products, which will be used directly by fans and movie & TV industry professionals.
Our team’s long-term vision is to bring together a billion people in the shared joy of movies/TV, with IMDb in every language, in every country. The world relies on IMDb to fuel their entertainment passions, curiosity, and decisions. We want to be the most authoritative source of entertainment information, helping fans everywhere explore the world of movies and shows and decide what to watch.
We are looking for an SDE to create best-in-class mobile customer experiences for IMDb’s next 250MM users, who will primarily be international. We seek an engineer who can channel their passion for movies and TV, working backwards from customers, and is able to take on the company-wide globalization initiatives.
You will join a new startup team responsible for growing IMDb’s international audience building a compelling mobile experience for bandwidth-constrained regions. As a founding member of the team, you will work alongside product management and design to define and build products to shape and fulfill the company international strategy. You will be responsible for creating reliable and high-performance mobile apps for Android. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the software architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Basic Qualifications· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Solid ground in Computer Science fundamentals
· Understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms
· Experience shipping consumer mobile applications (on Android)
· Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a customer-focused, cross-functional team
Preferred Qualifications· Startup experience
· Expertise in building and delivering customer-facing products from the ground-up
· Experience developing hybrid and native mobile applications
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Passion for movies, TV, and entertainment