Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on Software Developers and Architects to help support the Healthcare and Life Sciences organizations customers and researchers. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping healthcare customers architect and build scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Agile software development and DevOps
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Basic Qualifications· BS or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, EE or related field
· 7+ years of an application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience building large scale applications.
· Demonstrated experience developing objected-oriented software, with one or more relevant languages (Python, Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl, Node.js, or Scala, etc.)
· Demonstrated understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
· Demonstrated experience building large-scale systems and solving complex problems
· Demonstrated understanding of Agile development methodologies
Preferred Qualifications· Previous experience working with Genomics analytics software solutions like GATK, Cromwell, Nextflow
· Extensive experience coding in Python and/or Scala.
· Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Batch, Athena
· Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor, machine learning algorithms)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.