The Amazon Web Services team is searching for the ideal Sumerian Architect candidate that is able to bring a knowledgeable passion for executing on performant Sumerian (AR/VR) experiences that delight our customers.
Sumerian Architects provide creative and technical expertise within by understanding technical constraint and opportunities, iterative prototyping, and obsession with excellent user experience. By building working samples and reference code prior to the engineering cycle, the Sumerian Architect enable customers to make great digital product experiences rather than just imagine them. Their ability to prove concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working code helps identify unmet needs and opportunities that can result in customer-centric innovation leading to more innovative, intuitive and compelling user experiences. Functional prototypes also help identify and address user experience issues prior to the engineering and test cycle when fixes are more risky and expensive.
Sumerian Architects are responsible for employing best-practice design and prototyping methodologies in order to produce technical insight that informs critical decision-making. They interact regularly with our development, project/program management partners, other members of the service team, and executives—as well as outside industry—to identify relevant technical advances and creative technology applications that may lead to product innovation.
Basic Qualifications· 1+ years experience as a key member of a UI design team, game development, or VFX industry
· Successfully launched high quality titles
· Experience and 3D content authoring tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop or Blender
· Experience with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or Lumberyard
· Ability to travel to client sites as needed
Preferred Qualifications· AR/VR platform development
· Android / iOS development
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly
· Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience with one or more public or private cloud services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.