Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the public sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by leading the strategy for the community of software companies whose solutions can be used by the US Federal Government in highly regulated environments? Do you have the business savvy, business development experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider in public sector?
As the AWS Partner Manager for Controlled Regions, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in public sector. Your mission will be to develop the community of software solution providers to support and accelerate AWS adoption by public sector customers, especially within the National Security, Defense, and other users of restricted or classified infrastructure.
In this role, you will establish strategic business and technical relationships with AWS Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) leveraging your experience with solutions in this space, as well as knowledge of public sector customer needs. You will have day-to-day interactions with these partners to support their delivery of solutions, as well as joint marketing initiatives and customer engagements. You will also be a strategic lead for solutions in the controlled regions, and will be responsible for building and executing a cross-organization plan to accelerate deployment of solutions relevant to public sector customers. You will be a subject matter expert on security issues for ISVs, especially government accreditation programs such as ICD-503, FedRAMP, CJIS, DoD SRG, and others.
The ideal candidate will possess the business background that enables them to engage and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical experience that enables deep interaction with software developers and architects, especially in the area of government regulation and compliance. He/she should also have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Be a Subject Matter Expert around AWS’ controlled (Classified and restricted) regions.
· Build executive relationships with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) who partner with AWS.
· Provide business and technical guidance to ISVs. Set a strategic business development plan for ISVs in alignment with AWS’ strategic direction.
· Help software vendors who have little business experience with the US Federal Government understand the unique acquisition policies and cadence.
· Develop and deliver programs to educate and assist ISVs to pursue opportunities in the controlled regions
· Understand the ISVs’ technical requirements and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Build a pipe-line of opportunities for availability of 3rd party solutions
· Support the ISVs as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs (and other resources)
· Understand the legal, compliance, security, technical, and procurement considerations and certifications specific to the public sector that impact your partners
· Engage the partners’ field sales organizations, marketing, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
· Own projects and programs for a business and technical perspective for the delivery of operational systems based on 3rd party solutions.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry.
· 3+ years of experience working on IT solutions and programs, with a strong understanding of US Federal Government requirements.
· 2+ years working with AWS, optimally with a Certified Cloud Practitioners certification
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work independently.
· Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must be willing to be investigated for and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
Ability to multi-task and work many sales opportunities simultaneously
· AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification
· Strong story-telling verbal skills
· 10+ years of sales or business development experience in the software/technology industry
· 5+ years of experience working on IT security and/or government compliance programs
· BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Math