Are you passionate about cloud computing with a special focus on virtual desktops, applications, and document collaboration? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
AWS is looking for a highly motivated Senior Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing End User Computing service business as part of the World-Wide Public Sector practice. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architecture, and Product teams to develop the internal expertise needed to make our customers successful and grow the business.
The ideal candidate will…
· have a strong passion for solving customer challenges.
· have great communication skills and be able to relate complex material to any audience.
· have a passion for educating, training, and architecting End User Computing solutions.
· dive deep, master AWS technologies, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform.
· have a high tolerance for ambiguity and be comfortable with uncertainty, unpredictability, conflicting directions, and multiple demands.
· Work with customers’ client engineering teams to deeply understand their business and technical needs and design working prototype solutions, POCs that make the best use of the AWS cloud platform and AWS End User Computing services, including Amazon WorkSpaces, AppStream 2.0, WorkDocs, and WorkLink.
· Produce and validate reference architecture implementations, labs, and presentations to evangelize design patterns and best practices for AWS End User Computing services.
· Act as a technical liaison between customers and End User Computing service engineering teams to provide customer-driven product improvement feedback.
· Partner with Solution Architects, Sales, Business Development and the End User Computing service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of complex, Microsoft Windows-based IT systems.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and implementation of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
· 2 + years’ experience working in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results.
· An understanding of the cloud computing deployment model as it relates to enterprise productivity.
· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services.
· Proficiency in automation and configuration management scripting using PowerShell or other languages.
· Experience in implementing large-scale IT projects in Public Sector.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation