Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers architect and implement their workloads onto AWS? Do you like to work on a variety of projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve AWS best practices? Do you want to design and develop integrated solutions using the latest AWS services and technologies? Do you like mapping cloud solutions and technical information to a customer’s context? Do you enjoy researching to build knowledge base and gather best practices on technology, products, businesses processes, and the industry?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services provides demonstrable value to our customers by helping them accelerate their adoption of AWS services and technologies. We are looking for a highly talented and technical Cloud Consultant to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
The Cloud Consultant role is responsible for delivering solutions to customers, accelerating their adoption to realize value and allowing them to maximize their investment in AWS. Consultants use their broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. To accomplish operational effectiveness, a Consultant will manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, selected consultants will work with AWS partners and customers to assist in:
· The delivery of high quality engagements around AWS services, solution areas, and technologies into diverse client environments leveraging available IP and following defined delivery methodologies and service offerings.
· Capturing requirements, business goals and objectives and helping create value maps and return on investment business case.
· The design and development of an integrated solution using the AWS services.
· Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Ability to travel to customer sites across the US is required. (50%)
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of experience in architecture and design of IT systems, design patterns, and frameworks
· 5+ years of implementation experience with design and architecture of enterprise cloud implementations OR at 7+ years of implementation experience with virtualization and datacenter technologies
· 7+ years of experience with storage, archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
· 7+ years of experience working with either core networking and infrastructure OR application development technologies
· Bachelor’s degree required, computer science, business or math or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
· Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
· Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
· Scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
· Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
· Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
· Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
· Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, JMeter).
· Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
· Active open source contributor.
· Understanding of and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST).
· Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Ability to be mobile and travel for projects.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
· Implementation of AWS services in a distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.