Are you interested in helping the Federal Government of the United States implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Professional Services Federal Practice!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical consultants to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of cloud migration and cloud adoption projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We’re obsessed about delivering strong success for our Customers – we collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams so we deliver the right solution and drive feature innovation based on customer needs.
We are looking for people that have:
· A strong understanding of large scale computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on technical expert and have past experience working as a consultant. With AWS, you will keep your existing technical skills honed and develop new ones as you lead architecture discussions and proof of concept buildouts for customers. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and hands-on design exercises to create world-class cloud solutions built on AWS.
· A background of deep technical expertise supporting customers in at least one of the following enterprise technology areas: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· An understanding of enterprise software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write basic scripted or compiled code.
· A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and is able to obtain and maintain a Federal background check.
Our Consultants work with Federal Government customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed. (up to 50%)
Basic Qualifications· Minimum 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with enterprise technologies in support of distributed applications.
· Demonstrated hands-on technical skills in at least one of the following: Server/OS management; Network management; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management; Storage and Virtualization management.
· Demonstrated experience with software development tools and methodologies, including basic ability to write scripted or compiled code.
· Demonstrated experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Security or equivalent experience required
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Associate or Professional or speciality certification or ability to get certified within three months of hire.
· Knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Management tools, Security, Identity and Compliance services
· Practical Federal Government project delivery experience.
· Demonstrates experience in running complex projects.
· Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
· High level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Demonstrates ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Demonstrates ability to be comfortable speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.