LOCATION: Seattle, WA
MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1. Ensure success for customer and partner teams in building applications and services on the AWS platform by utilizing customer facing skills and technical background to drive discussion with senior leaders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
2. Collaborate with customers and partner teams to address specific security and compliance challenges, and implement and migrate customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
3. Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools.
4. Assist in the migration of existing applications and the development of new applications using AWS services, working with engineering, support, and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
5. Own and drive projects and engagements involving architecture, design, development, and implementation of Amazon’s utility computing web services.
6. Define technical and project strategies, document best practices, and review and provide analytical insight on product improvement or development and feature innovation for cloud-based web services and platforms based on scalability, performance, availability, and cost.
7. Domestic travel required 20-25% of the time.
A Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative discipline, and two years of experience in software engineering or systems engineering. In the alternative, Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative discipline, and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in software engineering or systems engineering.
Experience with the following required:
1. Software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
2. Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, and SAP.
3. Experience with risk management and building security reference and compliance systems (e.g. firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Malware Management, Web Application Firewalls, Key Management Systems, Identity, Access Control systems or related) for enterprise system deployments.
4. Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments.
5. Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting using Shell, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell.
6. Configuration management platforms Chef and Puppet.
7. Network administration in traditional Colos, virtualized or cloud environment.
8. Linux and Widows-based systems administration in a cloud or virtualized environment.
9. Managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. #0000
Preferred QualificationsAll Applicants must meet all of the above listed requirements. #0000