At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. As part of the core AWS account team you, the Customer Solutions Manager, will help our customers to arrive in that future. You will apply your technical and program management expertise to help AWS customers overcome their challenges in the adoption, deployment, and management of AWS.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams to help customers build a case for AWS adoption and accelerate their deployment and use of AWS. You will work with all stakeholders to optimize their processes for sizing, procuring, deploying, and managing AWS resources, and you will play a significant role in supporting negotiations on large scale agreements and discount programs. This involves fully understanding the customers’ needs, project scoping for upcoming initiatives, working with the customer to establish plans, identify resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and provide consistent, accurate communications to all stakeholders. Additionally, you will work directly with the product/service teams and region support to ensure that the customer’s needs are prioritized and met so they can accelerate their purchase decisions.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, solid technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. You will leverage this unique skill set to influence your team’s decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years in technical/IT engagement in support, program management, or pre-sales roles
· Strong program management skills, optimally leading complex IT projects.
· 2+ years supporting/managing AWS environments, optimally complex environments with a large number of instances, multiple accounts, and wide use of AWS services
· Strong analytical and financial analysis skills, with the ability to use optimal tools, such as Excel, to help customers make good decisions for their AWS consumption.
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate – Certification or the willingness and aptitude to obtain one within 9 months of onboarding.
· Current PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
· Expert use of program management tools, such as Project or Smartsheet
· A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.