At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects as well creating solution and tools.
This role will specifically focus on helping our customers and partners in specialization of AWS NoSQL Products (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Neptune, ElasticCache and more). AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
· Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as DynamoDB, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), ElasticCache, S3, ElasticSearch, Neptune and more.
· Solution – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, Technical Field Community, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs/whitepaper and creating packaged data service offerings.
· Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects to architect, design and implement customer’s Amazon NoSQL implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing relational db to NoSQL DB.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 5+ years experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
· Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and other data analytics
· Experience with tools such as Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop (HBase)
· Ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
· Current hands-on implementation experience required; individual contributors only.
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
· Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed.
Preferred Qualifications· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
· Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Elasticsearch or other NoSQL solutions.
· AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
· Industry leadership in the fields of database, Analytics or data sciences.
· Extensive hands on experience in design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
· Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
· Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age