At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects and engineers to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, Data and Analytics, HPC and more.
In this role, you will work with our partners, customers and focus on our AWS Analytics service offering such Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Amazon Athena and more. You will help our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insights. AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
In our Global Specialist Practice, you will also have the opportunity to create white papers, writing blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers, and, most importantly, you will work closely with our Solution Architects and Service Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with design, development and operations that leverages deep knowledge in the use of Amazon Kinesis, Apache Kafka and other integrations with Apache Spark, Amazon EMR, NoSQL and other 3rd parties. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions.
Basic Qualifications · Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
· 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
· 5+ years’ experience of Data platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Kinesis/Kafka/Spark/Storm implementations.
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
· Experience with analytic solutions applied to the Marketing or Risk needs of enterprises
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
· Understanding of Data Analytics ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools ( Flink, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Amazon Kinesis ).
· Current hands-on implementation experience required
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Preferred Qualifications · Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
· Hands on experience leading large-scale data science/data analytics projects.
· Ability to lead effectively across organizations.
· Implementation and tuning experience specifically for Kafka, Kinesis, EMR
· Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
· Computer Science or Math background preferred.
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation. Should be able to interact with Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Risk Officers, Chief Technology Officers, and Chief Information Officers, as well as the people within their organizations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.