Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services team is looking for a Data Science Practice Manager in the AI Global Services Practice with a successful history of delivering best-in-class AI/ML solutions, managing world-class talent, and possessing the drive and experience to scale both to effectively meet the needs of our customers.
The Data Science Practice Manager will build a working relationship with their sales, solution architects, and professional services counterparts. The Data Science Practice Manager will also have a team of 8-12 direct reports that are data scientists to develop a long-term AI (Artificial Intelligence) /ML (Machine Learning) strategy and execution plan within their geographic regions with other AWS Professional Services colleagues. This individual is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery of AI solutions and program management in their accounts, following a player/coach model.
• Hiring, developing and retaining top talent.
• Engage with commercial enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio.
• Development of long term AI/ML strategy for our customers
• Identification and development of specific AI opportunities and supporting business cases.
• Mitigation of delivery risks and issues.
• Overseeing delivery of AI projects, ensuring high quality delivery.
• Act as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations.
• Educate customers on AWS AI/ML services and translate those into a clear business value proposition.
• Envision and inspire customers, on the potential of ML to help their business.
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services team is looking for a Data Science Practice Manager with a successful history of delivering best-in-class AI solutions, managing world-class talent, and possessing the drive and experience to scale both to effectively meet the needs of our customers.
The PM will build a working relationship with their sales, solutions architecture, and professional services counterparts. The PM will also have a team of 8-12 direct reports that are data scientists to develop a long-term strategy and execution plan within their accounts. This individual is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers and requires the skills to excel at all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery oversight and program management in their accounts, following the player/coach model.
Basic Qualifications• Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
• Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models
• Experience using Python and/or R
• Knowledge of SparkML
• Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
• Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, mllib
• Experience working with GPUs to develop models
• Experience handling terabyte size datasets
• Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
• Familiarity with using data visualization tools
• Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
• Experience giving data presentations
• Travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
Preferred Qualifications• PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)Managing Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
• AWS AI / ML services, platforms and frameworks
• Broad Enterprise systems and data systems experience
• 8+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
• Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
• Consulting experience and track record of helping customers with their AI needs
• Publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
• Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, & EMR
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified forma
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and presentations
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise AI projects
• Proven track record of hiring and developing the best, building teams and coaching them to success
• This position prefers that the candidate selected be a U.S. Citizen and be willing to maintain a TS security clearance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.