AWS re/Start is a skills development and job training program that prepares learners for careers in the cloud. The program’s mission is to build local talent by providing accessible AWS Cloud skills development and job opportunities to underserved populations. AWS re/Start is working with non-profit, academic, and government organizations to deliver a learning experience, provide a pathway to earning AWS Certification, and support participants as they launch their career in cloud computing.
To meet the growing demand for AWS re/Start around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to instruct learners. If you are a technical trainer with experience working with non-technical audiences including youth and/or underserved populations, we’d like to speak with you.
Here’s your chance to work as an AWS re/Start instructor with high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is a technical trainer with hands-on experience with AWS who is interested in instructing a socially impactful training course and mentoring other trainers as part of a train-the-trainer program.
In this role, you will deliver training content on both foundational IT as well as AWS tools and services to a group of learners who will be entering entry-level cloud roles upon completion of AWS re/Start. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and make a positive difference in the lives of youth and underserved learners.
· Travel globally to deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and on a regular schedule.
· Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training.
· Mentor and train other trainers as part of an AWS re/Start train-the-trainer program.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related technical discipline
· At least one-year experience delivering technical IT content.
· At least one-year experience delivering coaching, mentoring, or training to a non-technical audience.
· 3+ years experience working on Linux Operating System.
· 3+ years experience with scripting languages such as Shell and Python.
· 3+ years experience with Networking and Security concepts.
· 3+ years experience with Relational Databases.
· 3+ years of enterprise workload experience on AWS services.
· Active AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification.
· Ability to travel about 85%
Preferred Qualifications· Linux / Cisco certifications.
· Experience teaching AWS content to enterprise customers.
· Experience teaching youth or underserved populations.
· Excellent oral presentation skills in English.
· Strong cross-cultural skills that demonstrate the ability to engage well with diverse participants.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.