Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic infrastructure and application services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking a Technical Leader aligned to our field sales organization supporting Latin America – Caribbean) with proven experience in strategic thought leadership and building technical solutions. This is a leadership role and the ideal candidate will develop and grow customer-obsessed technical professionals who partner with customers of all types to advise, mentor, and on-board production workloads to the Cloud. As a member of the pre-sales leadership team you will develop and lead programs that enable teams of Solutions Architects to deliver the right guidance and technical content to support various workloads including core foundational services such as compute/storage/networking/databases, application services, and management services.
The role is focused on our Latin America Market.
You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solution architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive customer outcomes, innovation, and service growth across a broad set of customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include thought leadership and driving value creation for our customers, shaping technical solutions, growing the team, and leading specific customer engagement and interaction at the Director and VP level. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop, and execute a customer-outcome plan. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our sales, support, services teams, business development, marketing, partners, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solution Architects from internal and external sources.
· Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
· Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
· Guide and motivate the development of white-papers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
· This is a regional role; expect moderate travel.
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
· Position based in Miami, FL
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Basic Qualifications· Management/team leadership experience.
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree.
· 8+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
· 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Certifications: Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate or related Solutions Architecture Professional.
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.