AWS Managed Services helps to reduce your operational overhead and risk. AWS Managed Services automates common activities, such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure. AWS Managed Services unburdens you from infrastructure operations so you can direct resources toward differentiating your business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated consultants who possess a unique balance of cloud migration experience, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to build a scalable playbook for large-scale migrations to the AMS platform, leveraging best practices in technical, operations, compliance and project delivery.
In this role, you will be part in the first wave of an innovative and ambitious program to build our AMS Application Migration Competency Center. You will partner with customers, AWS Managed Services, and other professional service domains other AWS teams to rapidly build and deploy both teams and technology to customers to accelerate the migration to AMS. As a trusted expert on AMS you will help organizations understand best practices around migration of existing workloads to AMS, how to operate in the AMS model, and how to continuously improve your cloud application portfolio with AMS.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, be able to build and improve systems and processes, and have demonstrated experience leading cross-functional technical teams.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
· Collaborate with AWS field teams, Service Teams and Remote Consulting Services to deliver applications into AMS accounts
· Define and deliver application portfolio assessments and migration plans.
· Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
· Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
· Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
· Take Ownership of the entire customer migration journey.
· Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
· Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures and migration playbook with limited guidance.
· Deliver successful migration projects with multiple cross-functional stakeholders internal and external.
· Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, and action items.
· Ability to take ownership, work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
· Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
· Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
· Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment.
· Team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
· Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
· Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years’ experience in the delivery of enterprise-level IT consulting projects
· 2+ years’ experience working as a ScrumMaster across multiple cross-functional teams
· Led teams and engagements utilizing agile approaches, value and principles as well as Scrum framework
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
· Hands-on experience with deployment of business software at scale;
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.);
Preferred Qualifications· Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
· AWS Experience and Certifications.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
· Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
· Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
· FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce.
· System Administration experience in an enterprise with large scale portfolios of legacy applications.