The AWS Academy Operations team is looking for a customer-obsessed Operations Program Manager to join the team. AWS has a culture of data-driven decision making, and requires business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable. This role will partner closely with the AWS Academy and AWS Training and Certification business teams to understand the data-needs of the team and ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data. This individual will create new dashboards using data from multiple systems, strategize with business leaders on new and important data points, and participate in business reviews. They should be able to identify and help close gaps in the information available, as well as predict up-and-coming data-needs when participating in discussions about new products or features.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another.
– Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
– Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements.
– Use analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions and drive business decisions.
– Find and create ways to measure the customer experience to drive business outcomes.
– Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
– Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
– Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
– Troubleshoot operational data-quality issues.
– Recommending improvements to back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience using SQL
· 5+ years as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Engineer, or similar roles
Preferred Qualifications· Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
· Familiarity with solutions such as AWS, EC2, S3, or DynamoDB
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (Tableau, Business Objects, Microstrategy, OBIEE, Cognos, Cubes, etc.)
· Experience coding with scripting languages (R or Python) to do basic data manipulation and mathematical computations
· Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.