Imagine if you could help shape the future of architecture and go on a journey where few have tread before? We have a team ready, but we need a Performance Lead to ensure success, will you join us?
We want to help our customers build cloud native applications, and adopt new ways of thinking about technology solutions. We are building and maintaining the AWS Well-Architected Tool that uses advanced tooling to deliver the right content and advice to customers as they plan, build, and operate their workloads on AWS. You will enjoy the opportunities in this role if you like working across multiple teams and coordinating efforts across the globe to understand and create content to enable education on best practice.
We are looking for a Performance Lead who can help identify best practices and turn it into easy to consume content. You will work with customers and subject matter experts within AWS to collaboratively find and document best practices, as well as ensuring technical correctness and consistency. Come be a part of defining a product that will increase customer awareness of architectural best practices. In addition to managing multiple streams of work, you must be willing to get involved in creating new processes and content, and helping the team win on a day to day basis.
This role will require you to research and identify best practices, but also to work directly with customers to ensure best practices remain pragmatic and current. You need to be comfortable talking one-to-one with performance experts, to C-Levels in business and at large events. The ideal candidate will have past experience in a hands-on technical performance evaluation and improvement role at a internet scale or other high performance computing company or cloud vendor. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
As the Performance Lead you will define how we position and understand best practices in performance testing, constant evaluation, and improvement. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and exciting opportunity. You’ll work alongside editors, technical writers and subject matter experts to create content, and you will influence how we incorporate performance content into our product.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Design, develop and advocate AWS best practices in collaboration with Architecture, Professional Services, Support and Service Teams.
· Create and maintain artifacts, tools and documentation that enable customers and partners to easily implement best practices.
· Provide leadership in the research, development and maintenance of a consistent message.
· Deliver a measurable impact to customers globally in relation to operations.
· Advocate best practices to a global audience through the creation and delivery of online and in-person presentations and content in multiple formats.
· Pro-actively source feedback across the AWS business on best practices and promote cross-team collaboration of content.
· Deliver on-site technical engagements to customers and partners in collaboration with Professional Services team providing specialist architecture guidance, workshops, training and custom solutions.
· Maintain a roster of Subject Matter Experts, and ensure they are trained and engaged
Basic Qualifications· AWS Certified Solutions Architect
· You will have a strong grasp of performance measuring technologies and trends, and have authored publicly accessible content. You will have whitepapers, videos or similar to show your experience.
· Two or more year of hands-on experience creating best practice content in performance testing, evaluation, and improvement.
· Five or more years of experience in a role evaluating and improving performance
· Seven or more years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT systems
· An degree or equivalent in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent professional or military experience
· Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
· A background working in a regulated industries such as government, financial services, healthcare or defense
· Excellent written and verbal communications
Preferred Qualifications· Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
· Knowledgeable in technology development best practices (such as Agile), and product management methodology
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Experience in Kaizen and Lean