Are you passionate about leading successful IT transformations with Education customers or within the Public Sector? Do you love leading an enterprise Customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT deliver models?
AWS Professional Services is seeking a consulting Senior Practice Manager who has experience working with Education customers and can lead a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of professional services consultants working with customers and partners to architect and implement innovative solutions. You will routinely engage with Director, VP, C-level executives and governing boards. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with partner teams; drive business development initiatives through thought leadership; provide portfolio guidance and oversight; and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
The ideal candidate will bring a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry IT trends within the Public Sector space, leveraging this credibility as a strategic advisor to our customers, partners and internally across AWS.
The ideal candidate will be able to craft an innovative, forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships.
The position requires up to 50% domestic travel to customer sites.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of experience in and customer-facing positions as a professional services leader.
· 10+ years of experience with public sector contracting procedures, standards and specifications
· 5+ years consulting practice leadership experience as manager with P&L responsibility.
· 5+ years Public Sector project delivery experience
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree
· Customer facing skills to represent AWS within the partner environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Previous revenue management and forecasting experience.
· Experience collaborating across internal and external organizations, including sales, solution architects and customers
· Organizational and project management skills (PMP) with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
· Experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
· Demonstrable knowledge of Education Sector IT Trends, Procurement Process and Decision Making
· Experience in a startup (or startup-like) environment
· Current or former CTO/CIO or Vice President who has helped transform the IT organization of multi-national enterprises
· Customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills in a consulting team leader role
· Experience with providing strategic, consultative services in a sales or professional services environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Understanding of how traditional Public Sector customers prefer to buy consulting and advisory services and procure large-scale transformation solutions
· Experience with cost engineering Cloud environments to ensure Customers operating at the lowest cost per customer footprint with integrated continuous cost improvement
· Experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Cloud
· Experience with DevOps, Continuous Development, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration and Micro-Services
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.