We are looking for a Practice Manager for our Emerging Technologies & Intelligent Platforms practice
Are you interested in working with the largest organizations in the world as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive digital transformation projects in their organization’s history? Does the prospect of helping these organizations go digital through the adoption of cloud-based Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions excite you? Can you lead world-class teams of Data Engineers, Data Architects that drive breakthrough business outcomes?
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment on our AWS Big Data Analytics Professional Services Practice. You will lead a team of AWS Data Artchitects and Data Engineers consultants and collaborate with our Service teams, local Partners to deliver business value to our customers. The role requires both a deep Customer Obsession and Deliver Results mentality. You will also work closely with your Professional Services colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) to provide more comprehensive data-enabled solutions. You will collaborate with our AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architect, Training and Service teams to help customers deploy our current solutions and provide input into new features and functionality.
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
· Capable of leading a team of Data Engineers/Data Architects consultants
· Experience delivering business value to customers with Big Data Analytic solutions
· 5+ years Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on Data Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
· Customer relationship management experience in a consulting team leader role
· Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Big Data Analytics in an enterprise environment.
· Knowledge of big data landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem.
· Ability to lead enterprise data strategies including data lake delivery
· Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
· Knowledge of optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
· Ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
· Ability to collaborate with Global and Enterprise account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of Big Data Analytic Solutions into top accounts.
· Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Big Data Analytic Cloud solutions.
· Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services, as needed
Preferred Qualifications· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
· Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
· Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle data lake projects
· Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
· Prior hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
· Experience with SQL and scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
· Proven track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
· Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
· Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.