We are looking for a Practice Manager for our Federal Professional Services Practice.
At AWS, we’re hiring members to join the AWS Federal Professional Services Practice to work with our Federal customers. Team members must possess a diverse Federal IT/management consulting background and have knowledge of Federal IT trends, and the ability to leverage this as advisors with customers, partners, and internally across AWS. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of professional services consultants working with Federal customers to architect and implement innovative AWS solutions. We are seeking an action-oriented individual craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that can foster and manage relationships with Federal customers and partners.
We are looking for someone who has experience and passion in working with the Federal Government who will lead a team for AWS’ most strategic Customers, driving the biggest changes. This includes a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. You will routinely engage with Director, VP, SES, C-level executives and governing boards for large agencies, as well as their consulting partners. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with sales teams and drive business development initiatives through thought leadership, provide portfolio guidance and oversight, and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
This position may require up to 50% travel.
Basic Qualifications· Consulting practice leadership experience as manager with P&L responsibility.
· 7+ years of experience in and customer-facing positions as a professional services leader. Previous revenue management and forecasting experience.
· 7+ years of experience with Federal government contracting procedures, standards and specifications
· Demonstrated customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
· Demonstrable experience collaborating with sales, solution architects and customers
· Experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
· Recent Federal Government project delivery experience
· The ability to generate ideas for how our program offerings can make our customers more successful
· Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment and experience
· Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Preferred Qualifications· High-level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science
· PMP or other project management certification
· Excellent communication skills, bias-for-action, detail oriented, and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Active SECRET clearance with previous experience working in a classified program environment; must be capable of obtaining an above Top-Secret clearance
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexit
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.