We are looking for a Practice Manager for our Federal Professional Services Practice.
At AWS, we’re hiring members to join the AWS Federal Professional Services Practice to work with our Federal customers. Team members must possess a diverse Federal IT/management consulting background and have knowledge of Federal IT trends, and the ability to leverage this as advisors with customers, partners, and internally across AWS. As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of professional services consultants working with Federal customers to architect and implement innovative AWS solutions. We are seeking an action-oriented individual craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that can foster and manage relationships with Federal customers and partners.
We are looking for someone who has experience and passion in working with the Federal Government who will lead a team for AWS’ most strategic Customers, driving the biggest changes. This includes a team of specialists across a range of disciplines. You will routinely engage with Director, VP, SES, C-level executives and governing boards for large agencies, as well as their consulting partners. You will be responsible for opportunity capture and driving engagement delivery. You will work closely with sales teams and drive business development initiatives through thought leadership, provide portfolio guidance and oversight, and meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. The position will require travel to customer sites in the US. This position may require 50 % travel depending on customer requirements and candidate’s location. We are flexible in terms of location and candidate must have easy access to a major airport. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Ability to meet AWS, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Basic Qualifications· Consulting practice leadership experience as a manager with P&L responsibility.
· 7+ years of experience in an customer-facing positions as a professional services leader.
· Experience with revenue management and forecasting
· 7+ years of experience with Federal government contracting procedures, standards and specifications
· Recent Federal Government project delivery experience
· Demonstrated customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· High-level of skill communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
· Demonstrable experience collaborating with sales, solution architects and customers
· Experience attracting new talent, developing team capabilities, and performing people management responsibilities
· The ability to generate ideas for how our program offerings can make our customers more successful
· Experience in a fast-paced, startup (or startup-like) environment and experience
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelors or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science
· PMP or other project management certification
· Excellent communication skills, bias-for-action, detail oriented, and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Active clearance with previous experience working in a Federal program environment; must be capable of obtaining a clearance
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.