The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The Senior DevOps Consultant is a leader with significant automation and programming experience throughout the SDLC. The Consultant will lead our enterprise customers through large organizational and SDLC transformations. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovations.
As a Principal Consultant, you’ll be expected to:
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
· Ensure the quality of devops architecture and design.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
· Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
· Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
· Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
· Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
· Advise on implementing AWS best practices.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Basic Qualifications· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
· 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
· Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms.
· Architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
· Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies.
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability.
· Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration, automated deployment and configuratiuon management.
· Configuration Management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
· Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
· Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers.
· Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design.
· Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age