AWS Professional Services – AMS Application Migration Competency Center – Principal Consultant
As enterprise customers move towards adopting the cloud at scale, some find their people need help and time to gain AWS skills and experience. AWS Managed Services (AMS) operates AWS on your behalf, providing a secure and compliant AWS Landing Zone, a proven enterprise operating model, on-going cost optimization, and day-to-day infrastructure management. By implementing best practices to maintain your infrastructure, AWS Managed Services helps to reduce your operational overhead and risk. AWS Managed Services automates common activities, such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure. AWS Managed Services unburdens you from infrastructure operations so you can direct resources toward differentiating your business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to lead a portfolio of large-scale migrations to the AMS platform. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
You will partner with customers, AMS Operations, and several other AWS teams to develop and execute highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer migration use cases and accelerate the migration to AMS. As trusted expert on AMS you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud, and ultimately how to operate in the AMS model.
In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build our AMS Application Migration Competency Center, as well as elevating the technical execution and delivery within Segments. This role also coordinates specialty consultants that are deep experts in areas like security and database when necessary. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization calls across the enterprise that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive processes and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. In the AMS Application Migration Competency Center, we’re hiring both highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale migrations for customers rapidly moving large numbers of applications onto AMS.
Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field teams, Extensive experience leading and controlling large scale IT projects across multiple stakeholders, Deep knowledge of AWS services, AWS Cloud Architecture, and Dev/Ops experience.
Solutions – Define and deliver application portfolio assessments and migration plans with customers and local AWS teams that target best fit and best path migrations for AMS targeted migrations.
Delivery – The main focus of this role is successfully stewarding customer solutions to the AMS platform.
Feedback and Insights – Work with forward AWS field teams as well as AMS engineering, and AWS support to drive process improvement and convey partner and customer needs. Share real world migration challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater success of AWS cloud migrations and drive input into the AWS Migrations Patterns Library.
Ownership – This role is about ownership of the entire customer process and experience that results in successful cloud migrations.
Cross Functional – working with peer leaders in the Migrations Practice Globally to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other’s roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
· Customer facing experience, including discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
· Experience track record of managing and delivering large-scale IT projects including definition and execution of successful project controls on a large scale;
· 6+ years of implementation/consulting experience;
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.);
· Dev/Opps experience;
· Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus;
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries; and
· BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
· Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
· Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services;
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments;
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations; and
· Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet